Thursday, March 8, 2007

TV Show for Geico Cavemen?

Apparently, the cavemen on the Geico commercials are coming out with their own show! The sitcom is said to follow the cavemen as they "struggle with prejudice on a daily basis [and] strive to live the lives of normal thirty-somethings in 2007 Atlanta." The idea has conjured many skeptics who think the show has limited or no potential to succeed. I, myself, highly doubt the show will be a hit. Sure, it might be funny or entertaining the first couple shows, but I can definitely see the idea getting old fast. Although, I'm kind of looking forward to it (I can't help that I'm curious!) Do you plan to watch the show?

**Follow this link to view one of the Geico commercials http://youtube.com/watch?v=kVVSmnnqfvc **

Another issue I want to bring up is celebrity lenience. Recently, Naomi Campbell was sentenced to FIVE DAYS of community service and anger management classes after she hit her housekeeper with her cell phone. Personally, I think Campbell is not being treated fairly at all. If a regular person was put in her shoes, the consequences for his/her actions would have been way more severe. I also think that five days of cleaning floors in a municipal warehouse isn't going to justify her behaviour (Although, a supermodel washing floors is kind of an interesting sight!) On the other hand, the anger management courses are definitely a plus, assuming they will be beneficial. Hopefully everything will work out for the best!

Click on the following link for the full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6425581.stm .

Are celebrities let off the hook too easily?

No comments: