Monday, February 26, 2007

Teacher Attacked Over Ipod?

I know this post is only supposed to be about the fatalities of Ipods, but I'm going to have to talk about the Oscars first (Sorry, I can't help myself!). Generally, I find award ceremonies boring. I figure you can always just find out who won after rather than suffer through a long, yawn-worthy, boredom provoking show. Same thing, right? Well, I guess the only exception would be the 2002 awards show where Halle Berry had a meltdown during her acceptance speech for Best Actress. THAT my friends, was definitely worthwhile. (Here's a video to refresh your memory: http://youtube.com/watch?v=AJca67gYFEY )

I can't say I was too surprised with the winners. Oprah was absolutely raving about Forest Whittaker's performance in "The Last King of Scotland" and Jennifer Hudson's role in "Dreamgirls," and, truth be told, Oprah is usually right. Although I didn't particularly like "Dreamgirls" (there was singing every 5 minutes), I do think the acting should be acknowledged. I'll admit, I was very skeptical about former American Idol Jennifer Hudson's approach as an actress, but she literally blew me away, especially since it was her first time appearing in a film.

OKAY, back to music mishaps.

As I was reading articles on http://www.kiwibox.com , I came across a story involving a student attacking a teacher. Apparently, a 60-year-old math teacher in a Philadelphia high school was assaulted by two high school students after he confiscated an Ipod in class. The teacher ended up suffering from a broken neck and large gash on his face.

Honestly, I never thought people could become this barbaric, especially when it is a universally known fact that using music devices are prohibited during class. Not only that, the teacher was 60 years old! Mind you, the story makes the incident seem more violent than it actually was. Apparently the students 'pushed' the teacher in the hallway. I'm guessing they didn't know that the outcome would be so disastrous, but they should have still had some sort of respect. Kids these days. So I beg of you, please don't take the phrase "fight for your music" so literally. (For more on this story please visit http://cbs11tv.com/education/local_story_055133713.html )

On a much happier note, I also came across a story about a 15 month old girl who found $1,300 in a book! Apparently the child's babysitter bought the 25 cent book in a thrift store earlier that day. Talk about lucky! Now she can go on a shopping spree of Barbies and playdough! I'm so jealous!

That's it for now y'all!

TOODLES