Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Final Farewell!

Just today, as I was reminscing about all I've done this summer, I thought to myself "hoooly cow! Time flew right by! Has it really been a year already?!"

Today is my last day at Douglas College and, as you can probably tell, I'm having a pretty hard time accepting it; it feels like I started school just yesterday. During my time at Douglas, I learned quite a bit about myself. I discovered my interests (Philosophy, English, Teaching), acquired some valuable life long lessons, and even made future plans. To me, school is so much more than an "educational facility"; it's a way to find yourself. Thus, I'm excited to continue school, move on to the next chapter in my life, and discover what lies ahead of me.

Tutoring was also a very rewarding experience. I got to meet so many awesome people, help students out, and really make a difference in people's lives. There's something so fulfilling about knowing that you've helped someone out; I think it's what we, as humas, aim for in life.

I wish you all the best of luck in the future and leave you with this:


"Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value" -Albert Einstein


Take care! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi.. I have read your comment on

https://disturbedstranger.wordpress.com

and i clicked on your nickname! you have an amazing blog.